Sunday 27 October 2013

wrapping

 photo DSC_0418_zpsf7129741.jpg

I generally try to avoid making excuses for why I haven't blogged but I'm just going to say: moving. no internet. computer passed out (again). followed by a nice round of hysterical cyber-bullying. Anyway, I'm back.

A birthday in three parts: the first, a heavenly dinner with enough wine that I didn't notice the clock ticking me into a new decade.

 photo DSC_0409_zps70abc77c.jpg

 photo DSC_0405_zps79bc30df.jpg

 photo DSC_0408_zpsaed4f95c.jpg

 photo DSC_0404_zpse62e846b.jpg

The second: a birthday picnic in my new apartment before we brought the furniture in. I'll give you a proper tour when the last box has been broken down. On this occasion, we put blankets on the floor and I enjoyed no fewer than FOUR birthday cakes.

 photo DSC_0504_zps7d5500c4.jpg

 photo DSC_0481_zps1f983201.jpg

 photo DSC_0499_zpsaecf2914.jpg

 photo DSC_0567_zpseb165ada.jpg
Alicia, who made me a wonderful little wooden birdhouse necklace!

 photo DSC_0516_zpsad76bd71.jpg

 photo DSC_0587_zps5e867060.jpg
The guest book!

The third: a quiet home-made dinner with two close friends who couldn't make the party, with chocolate brioche and warmth and laughter and yes, very red light!

 photo DSC_0607_zpsaba1dbbb.jpg

 photo DSC_0611_zpsdf039799.jpg

 photo DSC_0606_zpsd2d46fbc.jpg

I was worried I'd feel sad being away from my family but really, it's just another birthday, and I couldn't have felt more loved in the home I'm building in my adopted city.

8 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayyy!!! It looks like you're having a great time in the new place! Can't wait for the full tour ;)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday girl! Sounds like the celebration was non stop, hoe fun!

Cee. ♥
Code Overdressed

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Thanks ladies! I'm still dreaming of my chocolate guinness cake!

Kezzie said...

Happy birthday!!! Phwoar, look at that cake!!!!! X

Anonymous said...

Looks like your friends really made it a nice celebration for you. You're so lucky!

Rubies and Emeralds said...

Happy Birthday! Your pink and white gingham dress is adorable and it looks like you had a lovely time.

xoxo
http://rubiesemeralds.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

Seriously, cyber bullying?!?

Ugggh.

Anyway, look at all these new beginnings for you! I see a lot of smiles. Some of which are from Victor (wink).

summertime dreams said...

Cyber bullying!?! Some online harassment definitely played a large role in me taking a step back from the internet this past year. And your romantic life(at least those parts shared thus far).
Maybe we should talk...
I think you may have accidentally stumbled upon my life while you were in Montreal??