Thursday 11 April 2013

eternal winter

 photo IMGP0977_zps8cfcc483.jpg

 photo castle_zps4d2a20d4.jpg

 photo IMGP0995_zps66b68a50.jpg

 photo IMGP0944_zpsc7b02f58.jpg

 photo IMGP0969_zps3088ea20.jpg

It feels weird posting these on a day when it was probably 23 degrees and glorious, but a couple of weeks ago, when I went to Bristol for an exceptionally difficult weekend, it was completely baltic. This March was the coldest on record or something in the UK, no? Luckily, this coat by Family Affairs, a Christmas present that had been lost in the post, (the designer had to send me another one, the Spanish post is absolutely awful and I'm convinced the first one got stolen by somebody in the handling chain), arrived two days before I went, and made the -2 degree weather slightly more bearable.

On a strange, mournful Sunday afternoon, Albert and I drove across the bridge from Bristol to Wales, to walk around a blustery castle, pose by a lovely 19th century iron bridge, and then warm up with cider at the local pub.

 photo IMGP1003_zps2fa45c25.jpg

 photo IMGP1009_zps5236c032.jpg

 photo IMGP1016_zps9aacf6b4.jpg

 photo IMGP1024_zps9e423b1f.jpg

19 comments:

Kitsune-kun said...

oh good so it's not just me wearing sweaters and hats! everything you're wearing is so cute:)

Kezzie said...

Are those birds still pecking your head? Hope you are well! You loook lovely in your new coat (but cold!) Nice that you and Albert had a Welsh trip!x

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics! My sister is drooling over them, she loves the Uk! And I adore your coat, looks so cozy and timeless, the red tights made my day!

Cee. ♥

C.G. Koens said...

LOVE that coat. Love, love, love. :)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@Kezzie: Yes and no! Things are more resolved, but equally head-pecky.

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh what a lovely coat! I'm glad you finally got it! I hate when mail gets lost! :(
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

That coat is so lovely! Good thing you were able to get another one sent to you! One day soon it will be spring for us all! :)

-Katie

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Katie: In Barcelona it seems to have skipped spring and arrived straight to summer!

Norbyah said...

oh emily, these pics are so lovely. it's so rare that we get to see albert, but i'm always so glad that you share him with us from time to time. and that one of you with your beer looking off to the side. you can kind of sense perhaps a lot on your mind? the coat is too cute. so glad that they sent you a new one. and that it arrived safely!
xo
n

bruixilda said...

we're twiiiiins, finally!!!!!

Nina said...

My neck of the woods! I've been visiting family in warmer climates so I don't envy you having to wear a coat, even one as fabulous as that! I do love your bobble hat and amazing jumper combo!
xxx
Nina from little nomad

Emily Peebles said...

That's such a bummer your coat got lost in the mail, but convenient the new one arrived on time! You look very wintry and lovely. Cider at a Welsh pub sounds idyllic right about now..

Unknown said...

That coat is so lovely!
wholesale dresses
Good thing you were able to get another one sent to you! One day soon it will be spring for us all! :)

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

sorry to hear you had a difficult weekend then but I also adore this coat on you & the castle looks like a really cool place.
http://dusanabotswana.com

Phoebe Caulfield said...

I've just seen you in the paper! (But I haven't read it yet...)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@Phoebe: Really? Which one? Are you in Spain?

Ashley said...

you FINALLY got your coat?

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@Ashley: Seriously... at the end of March!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Oh gosh, all of this! Wales, your coat, and that hat. All of this made me smile, Em! Though, I am sorry that this particular weekend was difficult and mournful. Sending hugs.