Monday 11 February 2013

sneakers and schlumping

Photobucket

A few weekends back I was determined to have a quiet, lazy-ish weekend just schlumping around the city. As usual, that kind of flew out the window as one thing led to another and I ended up going out for dinner twice, to the theatre, out for vermut and out for breakfast, but anyway I guess I dressed the schlumping around part.

Albert was in town and on Saturday we went to watch an antique funeral cart being transported to its new home in a museum. Sounds like a strange thing to do to, but it was a really beautiful old wagon and they had people in fancy dress driving it and following it, so that was fun.

Photobucket

Then we went to French café (where I once ate an entire plate of cheese) and had pain au chocolat and coffee and I sneakily took pictures both in and outside the café.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then jumped around for the blog a bit, and went home for the first of many naps! (Think I may have also had sparkling wine before lunch that day, tut tut).

Photobucket

Also, this dress is short, but not that short. I think the sweater over top is not helping with the proportions...

20 comments:

Marzipan said...

You are really cute, love your skirt!

Anonymous said...

It IS a cute outfit, and it sounds like a fun day. I didn't realize "to schlump" was a verb!

Kezzie said...

Love that Dahlia dress, all the cuter teamed with shoulder button top! How beautiful that funeral cart is! So, I am confused, do you and Albert live in different countries and then meet up with each other?!! I've thought it in the past, but never been quite sure!

Vergangenheitshang said...

I want spring!! How warm is it in your country at the moment?

Ashley said...

In love with the dress peeking out. I mean, it's kinda short ;)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@Godianus: if Shakespeare can invent new words, so can I!

@Kezzie: Yep, Albert lives in England, hence my frequent visits there. Although he's from Barcelona, which confuses everyone.

@Person: It's cold! I have the heating on today. It's windy and miserable (by which I mean it's 10 degrees). I had a coat on the day these pictures were taken, I just took it off for the photos, because you've all seen my coat a million times...

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@Ashley: Hehe, I guess it's less scandalous with a coat over top. Mental note.

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh, I have loved blue checkers/gingham for decades! Probably thanks to Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy yet fun weekend, you can get your lazy/ish one anyother week! But that carriage was not to be missed, so amazing!

Cee. ♥

Deppa said...

¡que fotos tan encantadoras!
Por cierto, el vestido sí se ve realmente corto :)

Nos vemos!

Raquel said...

It's a bit annoying when dresses go short with jumpers on top, it happens to me a lot (( this winter it seems that all I've been wearing are jeans and jumpers or dresses with jumpers).
Anyway, love the outfit! And how I wish I could wear canvas sneakers right now, here's all but boots weather...

Missed commenting around here! Are you coming to London anytime soon? It would be great to see you!

welldressedmaker said...

you are too adorable! And now I want to get myself a plate of cheese.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Anonymous said...

pretty dress! :)Irene Wibowo

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha, that's the opposite of my weekends...I usually plan on doing something and then end up sitting on the couch at home.
You always have such amazing weekends, makes me jealous :p
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

ARP said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend to me!

Also, I love your outfit. Putting sweaters over dresses is one of my favorite things to do, but it can indeed be a bit tricky when it comes to proportions. I honestly think this outfit looks great, and who cares if the dress looks short? You're rockin' it!

Ari

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

I feel like tights make all sorta short dresses completely ok & like your casual comfy look here. it must have been warm that day too! sounds like a cool thing to do to me actually & even better that you stopped at places to eat throughout the day. love the old ladies w/ their grocery cards too, makes me miss living in Spain.
http://dusanabotswana.com

Annebeth said...

you're an adorable schlumper. And you have great legs for too short dresses.

Monique said...

Kudos for braving the cold. When it's freezing out I want nothing more than to watch a film on the couch, but Josh motivates me to get outside. Love the last jumping photo.

Morna said...

EMILY I want your skirt!!! Love Mo

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Hi Momy!