Friday 4 February 2011

Links a la Mode, Feb 3

I was pretty pleased that my manifesto against shopping (!) was included in the Independent Fashion Bloggers "Links a la Mode" section. I've always enjoyed following their links to read some (usually) thoughtful reflections on fashion, blogging, and the fashion blogging industry, but hadn't tried submitting myself before.

Rules state to include the other links in a post... so enjoy!




links a la mode



So long, farewell


Edited by Thom of The Sunday Best
Here we are, face to face, a couple of silver spoons. My run as an editor for this venerable list is coming to a close, and as it does I'd like to take a moment to reflect on what makes the internet such an awesome place. Ahem. It's you. Yes, you! I don't get to read as much online as I once did, and this list kept me in touch with the, dare I say it, zeitgeist of style writing. I was often amazed at the diversity of topics you writers were willing to tackle. Keep those keyboards clacking, stay strong, and be good to the incoming editors. We are only human.
Thomas...out.

Links à la Mode: February 3rd


Aesthetics and Audio: "God, you're skinny"
Arash Mazinani: The Adonis Complex - men and body image
Beyond Fabric: Faithful companions
Brunette Blogging: Blog bashing
Chic Steals: Fashionista's dilemma to sourcing your clothing
Digital Traveler: Kids and high fashion
Dress With Courage: Suit yourself
Fashezine: On blogging and other drugs
For Those About to Shop: The great used clothing challenge
Grit and Glamour: Trademarks - What you need to know
Independent Fashion Bloggers: Fashion Week Tech Survival Kit
Lust, Love, Lose: 100 words on life
Ruby Slipper Journeys: Why I'm going on my first ever shopping ban
Starting From Scratch: Loving every body
The Coveted: Layering up with Wool and the Gang
The Demoiselles: Nine West's wacky email campaign
The House in the Clouds: Favorite body parts
The Loudmouth: Nudity - Naughty or Natural?
The Sunday Best: The law is meant to protect, not bully
The Styling Dutchman: Blogger bitching
Those Graces: On being a feminist beauty blogger

5 comments:

Katie Burry said...

Congratulations! That's great! <3

~ Katie
http://www.beautifully-pure.com

Sewon said...

Aw, that's awesome! I know what you mean about shopping, especially when there's so much we can do with our time. Honestly I have a hard time not picking up a thing or two when I'm out, but I think I could do without an all-day shopping spree..

NRIGirl said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on making the list!

C.G. Koens said...

Congrats on making the list. I know how things like that excite me! :-)