Sunday 6 November 2011

a musical evening

This was originally a guest post over at Melissa's blog, Sometimes Almost Always

Photobucket

Photobucket
photo by lucchi80 on flickr

Photobucket

Hi Sometimes Almost Always readers, I'm Emily from Ruby Slipper Journeys!

I think Melissa asked me for a guest post over two months ago, and I've been unbelievably flaky. At the beginning, I had a thesis to finish, but then I got a case of bloggers block. She said it should be food or music themed, and while I love food, no sooner did I promise something along those lines than I realized I wasn't eating out much any more, and that my home-cooking wasn't exactly photogenic. And music... well, I generally say I have no soul and don't really care about music too much...

However, I would really have no soul not to care about Palau de la Música Catalana in Barcelona, perhaps the most beautiful building in the city. You can take guided tours of this modernist masterpiece, but it doesn't cost much more to actually see a concert there. So I went for a wonderful evening of classical guitar by Paraguayan guitarrist Berta Rojas. The music was perfect, and the surroundings even more perfect... I just wish I hadn't worked just before and could have brought my better camera. Oh, and that I could have arrived early enough to have a class of sparkling wine before the show!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My camera wasn't really up to the task, but the wall behind Rojas was beautiful... the heads are sculpted stone, but they fade into the wall and the bodies and gowns are mosaic...

Thanks for having me Melis! Sorry about the epic delay!

14 comments:

Rebeccak said...

Woo!

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh exciting! Off to check it out :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Diana said...

definitely going to check this out! beautiful building.. im intrigued :) xo

Anonymous said...

The architecture of this building is stunning. I wish to be there someday, to savor with my own eyes what I experienced through yours.

Monique said...

just checked out your guest post that building is in deed amazing

Margaret said...

I'm sure it was a beautiful experience. I went to a concert at the Mirabell Palace in Salzburg several years ago and it was just beautiful! The sculptures, the stairways, the decorations on doors :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Just read it. What perfect ambiance! That building is GORGEOUS and the sculpture/mosaic wall is really something, too.

Lidiya said...

Absolutely amazing building <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Lidiya said...

Absolutely amazing building <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Lidiya said...

Absolutely amazing building <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Wow that is a lovely building and a pretty dress too. :)

Shannon
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Agnes Deer said...

Simple yet so gorgeous! Love your blog btw! :)

http://fromheretofashion.blogspot.com/

Lina said...

Hi there! I'm pleased as punch that you turned your gaze my way, so that I could turn it back to you! I miss my travelling days so much all the time, so your adventures are making me feel all wanderlustsick (?). It's wonderful to recognize places I've been in your shots. . . not to mention your killer style! Eep!

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

What an amazing place! x hivenn