Tuesday 1 May 2012

dress around the world

A favourite dress a few ways (a la Rebecca), in a few different corners of the world (and on two different people).

I've had this dress for two years (it was a present from Albert, who caught a glimpse of it on sale from across the room, where he was rummaging in the men's section). I wore it frequently in my brief time living in South Africa, to markets in Johannesburg parks and roof-top nightclubs and to the beach in Mozambique. I sweated around Mexico in it a fair bit one particularly warm summer, and lent it to my sister so she could do the same. When I came back to Europe, the dress and I both had to adapt to winter temperatures again, and I layered blouses or long-sleeve tops under it.

Now I can't wait for warmer weather to start living in this dress again...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pictures 1 and 3 in Barcelona, 2 in Guadalajara, Mexico, and 4 in rural Catalonia.

12 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Woohoo, its so funny what a few pieces can do to a dress! My favorite is thee bottom right, I remember when you posted that :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Annalise said...

I LOVE this dress. Photos 1 and 3 are my favorite. It looks so good polished up with a collared shirt and sweet and simple with the sandals. So cute!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

This is a dress for all seasons. I love the look with the sneakers.

Valerie Enríquez said...

Those are all such great ways to wear it! Also, that's so awesome that you were in Guadalajara. My whole family is from there but I only have memories from visiting as a child. You're so lucky! x

Ashley said...

I want all of your dresses :)

Diana said...

i love this idea! such a pretty dress love the bottom left

http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Zoë Winters said...

What a sweet post for a traveler! I love that first picture with the shirt and bow! But I am a sucker for shirts and bow-ties! :) Enjoy your week pretty lady! Zoë x

Amber said...

gotta love such versatile pieces like this dress.

The Braided Bandit said...

Beautiful! I love when a blogger can make one piece look so different, especially when it has a pretty distinct print! I guess it doesn't hurt that you always have an amazing, ever changing background. You make me wonder why I am sitting here and what I am doing with my life when I love to travel! Gah, life decisions! Gah, money!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
xo Hannah

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@Hannah: trust me, I'm also sitting here wondering what I'm doing with my life and thinking "gaah--money." Travel is great, but it certainly doesn't solve life's problems. :)

Monique said...

This dress has certainly been around. Go Albert! What a great dress. The cut of it reminds me of the jumpers that girls wear in schools that require uniforms. I love all the different styling and of course all the amazing cities you've visited.

daria said...

how lovely, I just love a good remix a la Rebecca :) I just tried something similar yesterday!