Sunday 25 September 2011

parasols and street festivals

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was originally a guest post over at Streets and Stripes. I'm reposting it here because I'm kind of OCD about keeping all my blog content together!

My family live in Hamilton, Ontario these days, and on a month-long visit this August I had fun being a tourist in my home country. The day these photos were taken, there was a street fair near to our house. There was live music, stalls selling many different items, and, judging by the atmosphere, free-flowing beer. My sister and I had a wander through it. I loved this outfit, but in retrospect the parasol probably wasn’t the best idea for such a crowded event: I lived in fear of taking somebody’s eye out. ; p

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photos by my sister and I

dress: See by Chloe via ebay, parasol: bought in Venice years ago, necklace: gift from my mother, shoes: Urban Outfitters, sunglasses: H&M

Also, for those of you living in the US or Canada, last chance to enter the $200 Kranich's Jewelry giveaway. It's dead easy, you've just got to choose your favourite piece from their website and leave a comment on my blog post. I'll be drawing the winner tomorrow night (or, more realistically, Tuesday morning). So get to it!

18 comments:

Chaucee said...

Thanks again for the guest post! The photos are absolutely stunning. And sorry about the miscommunication again. I feel pretty bad about that! : /

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Going to check it out now! I love your parasol so I have no choice ;) xx

Closet Fashionista said...

Loving this photo! Off to check out the post :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Natalie Suarez said...

VERY PRETTY! :)

xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I had a parasol like this! Fat chance I'll get to Venice any time soon.

Ashley said...

I really want a dainty parasol!!!!!! You are making me want to make such a frivolous purchase :)

I think I said it before, but yellow is your color!

jess said...

That color looks great on you.

Amrit said...

Picture is really good.

Annebeth said...

haha I always hurt people when I walk around with an umbrella so yeah, I can relate! gorgeous dress and parasol, love :)

Michal, North Country Girl said...

I love when you wear this dress. It's so cheerful and the very best color! The photo of the parasol in focus with the crowds in the background is very cool.

I love when my hometown has festivals. :)

Unknown said...

that is probably the prettiest parasol i've ever seen :) i can't wait for your guest blog post! i think food is a great idea. something autumny! check out my blog for the alexa chung giveaway!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Street festivals are always a good time. Gorgeous parasol. It's the perfect accessory for this outfit, dangerous or not ;)

P.S. The idea of putting the dress away for 9 to 10 months is rather sad. I've been thinking of ways to take it into autumn...

gabrielle said...

you are too adorable with that parasol. we do not take enough advantage of that beautiful accessory. thanks for your totem pole advice- so happy to have smart, cultured blog readers!

xxoo
www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

Monique said...

I love how this dress brings out the color of your eyes...sounds like your month home was a blast!

caitlin said...

looks like a great time (and there's that amazing yellow dress again...)! i often find that outfits i put together for the blog turn out to be a bit unwieldy in public (hats that won't stay on my head, spike heels in the snow...). but at least it looks pretty, right?

Virginie's Cinema said...

I adore this outfit, one of my favorites ever! The fab dress, the colourful sandals, cutest glasses and the parasol, oh my! It all fits so so nicely together.

My biggest regret of the Summer was not having a parasol, I really wanted a Chinese silk one... Next year you'll see!

Virginie ♥

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

I already posted this on Streets and Stripes blog but I must tell you here again how amazing you look in yellow! That dress has the prettiest material and you look so pretty & dainty with that awesome parasol as well. & of course I love the luchador masks, wishing I would have gotten much more in Parque Chapultapec!

From Suns To Moons said...

Holy fanciness! What a flattering dress on you.