Saturday 16 April 2011

blogger brunch in nyc

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Same outfit as last post, since it was the same day. Before my highline exploring Albert and I and our friend/host went for brunch to meet Kallie of Happy Honey and Lark, and Nicole of Coco Maria. I'd actually already met Kallie for drinks the night before, at which point I'd inexplicably had four beers to her one, and we both got home ridiculously late. To say I was not at my most glamourous on brunch morning would be an understatement. I wasn't my most punctual either--I don't understand at all how in New York you can get on one train, and it turns out not to be that train at all. But anyway, we eventually arrived. Sorry again to Nicole for keeping her waiting half an hour by herself.

I'll say again: I love meeting other bloggers. The blog often feels like a secret part of my life, since I don't tell my friends about it or most of my family, and it's so great to meet up with others to gab about everything from the best sort of light for outfit shots, to how non-glamourous it is possible to look on off days, so general gossip about other bloggers. Oooh, who did we mention?! ; ) Anyway, I really enjoyed meeting both these ladies, and seeing how much like their blogs they were (and how different, in ways you can only appreciate face to face). I really hope to meet everyone again, be it in New York, or somewhere else...

Kallie and Nicole, who are much more "real-time" bloggers than I am, already posted their favourite pics from the day, which you can check out here and here. I really loved the ones which showed us interacting the best.

Photobucket
fotógrafo extraordinario. thanks again!

Photobucket
It was actually pretty funny how set everyone can be in their own "poses." Here, Kallie art-directed Nicole for some shots.

Photobucket

33 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

So much fun! You all look so cute! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Shybiker said...

What cute pictures. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Ana, Playground Love said...

Ahh I noticed you wrote a few words in portuguese! Do you know speak portuguese? Because I am actually from Portugal.
Any ways, the pictures are lovely ( I had already seen them at Nicole´s blog), I can tell you had a wonderful time.

Raquel said...

I've seen the pictures are Nicole's and kallie's blogs but again, looks like you had a lot of fun and also the pictures with the DSLR are definitely better!
Ah and catalan has so many words that are the same in portuguese, like fotógrafo extraordinario :D it's the exact same thing!

Anonymous said...

That last one is my favourite :) Your beer speed sounds impressive ;D

dimi said...

Very cute pics gals! I'm glad you had fun dear! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Looks like such a fun day. I love blogger meet-ups- they are so much fun because you can talk about fashion and blogging all day long! Love your outfit and your whole look. xoxo

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

adore these. these look like incredble fun. I keep my blog under wraps and its nice to converse with fellow bloggers and distinct blogger issues. everyone looks equally lovely

Monique said...

So sweet. I love that you had a grand ole weekend...beers and all. Albert is such a great photographer... I love his blue shoes! Ahh it's cold and rainy today...these photos make me all excited for the sweet sun to come back again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend lady

Miss Tami Lee said...

What a stylish bunch you guys are! Looks like a fab get together :)

Monique said...

*P.S. so funny you don't share your blog with your friends... me either...I kinda like it that way. My one friend who does know calls me a narcissist...quite often. Love all the photos of you gals!

Unknown said...

Hooray! This was such a fun day! I'm happy you had as great a time hanging out as I did! :)

Imogen said...

So much fun. I have always wanted to do a blogger meetup but I haven't had the chance to yet. One day I hope. I expect it would be so exciting.

Anonymous said...

♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

Annebeth said...

You guys are all stunning. I love Kallie, our very own Alexa Chung! The pictures are super lovely too btw :) Strange comment, but you have great posture! :D

Lorelai Sebastian said...

love the first photo and the last one! all u girs look amazing!

Margaret said...

The last photo is so nice. It's my favorite. :D

Deppa said...

De no haber leido lo que escribiste habría comentado algo como "tus hermanas son muy lindas y parecidas entre ustedes" Jajaja
La verdad es que las veo muy similares :)

Se ven lindas.

Nos vemos y que tengas un buen lunes, un martes, un miércoles.. ya sabes ;)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

How pretty and stylish you girls are! I love it! It looks like you had an awesome time together. :) I love meeting other bloggers as well. I have only met two (I'm stranded in the midwest). I flew to LA to meet one of my first blog friends and then discovered another blogger right in my own city! Those two have become my closest friends. I think making new friends is the BEST thing about blogging! xoxo

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

come knock on my door for an nyc bike ride ANYTIME! best blogger brunch everrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the last shot is just lovely. And since i don't know either of these bloggers, i trust that my name never came up. One fine day, you will have to come to Kansas, Dorothy.

Chaucee said...

So glad you had a fun time!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@deppa: Si, me parece que hay un montón de bloggers que parecen a mi, de clase media, con pelo castño. A veces parece una sociedad muy insular, pero al mismo tiempo, todas son chicas muy amables!

fashioneggpplant said...

these photos are so cute! :)

Anthea said...

Very pretty pics! Love the last one the most. You make me want to have more blogger meet ups!

Anthea,
Embracing Style

Unknown said...

Ahhh you gotta love blogger meet ups, and in NY no less!

Bhushavali said...

Gorgeous ladies in gorgeous outfits!!!
Customized T-Shirt Print

Anonymous said...

sounds like so much fun
i always wanted to meet up with other bloggers in sydney too!

x

www.devious-studios.blogspot.com

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Looks like tons of fun, to be sure! I totally get what you said about the blog being an almost secret part of your life. Only a few friends and family members know about mine. I can only imagine how exciting it would be to meet & interact with other bloggers :)

Virginie's Cinema said...

Aww you girls look so sweet, must have been such a good time!

Virginie

k said...

you're such a beautiful group of girls, I love the candid ones too!

Brittany said...

This is so neat to see all of you together, I love all of your blogs :)

lemony said...

Am I the only one who thinks you look like sisters in that last pic? I just assumed you were until I read it - you look crazily similar.