Sunday 21 November 2010

hits of the autumn, part 1

Photobucket
from Milk Teeths The ultimate style+travel photo, and I liked that blouse so much I bought it from her store!

I generally aim for a high degree of original content on this blog, but I really enjoyed rounding up my favourite summer outfits from some of my favourite bloggers in September, and couldn't resist doing an autumn roundup too. However, I've gone a bit overboard, so I'm splitting this post in two. This week you get the vibrant colours and sunny days outfits that most inspired me, next week a few more from the more wintry side of autumn. Since I featured my winter coat last post, and am basically wearing it all the time now, I guess autumn is truly over, in London at least...

I Want Your Dress:
I want your dress
from Yeye! Style Blog and Resplendent Tranquility

This was the year the Alexa Chung collection for Madewell had us all pining for black velvet dresses with little collars. Seeing Izzie's vintage example, I was inspired to spend hours of my life trawling Etsy for weeks, instead of spending too much money, and I'm very happy with the result. I also love her styling of it.

You can't see it well in the picture, but Emily from Resplendent Tranquility's dress has a pattern of chickadees! How perfect for autumn. I skulked around in H&M for quite a while in search of this, but fortunately for my budget they didn't have my size. And I could never have mustered up such a perfect location for it anyway!

Coloured Denim:
coloured denim
from Orchid Grey and My Little Fashion Diary

After I bought my red Zara jeans I was pleased to see other bloggers following me on the coloured denim idea! ; ) Joking aside, red and yellow are probably the best autumn colours around, and I love the difference in the way they've been styled: sort of grunge-folk on Julie and classic all the way on Emilie. And both with truly great shoes...

Caitlin in Yellow
caitlin in yellow
from Waking Life

I honestly think Caitlin from Waking Life is one of the most stylish girls in blogland, and she made me doubly despairing of my own dressing abilities all fall by consistently wearing my favourite colour so perfectly. If you don't know her blog already, you should: head over for one perfectly put together look after another, and most of them taken before she goes to work, which just boggles my mind!

I Just LIke These Ones:
i just like these ones
from Waking Life and Birds Closet

More perfect looks with oatmeal and red, and also demonstrating that sometimes hair is the best accessory. Well, hair and a swallow-shaped brooch, if you can swing it.

Keeping Cozy:
keeping cozy
from Wish Wish Wish and Hannah and Landon

Carrie's yellow coat set me back ages in my own coat shopping. I couldn't come to grips with the fact that I wasn't going to find the very one and make it mine.
Hannah's sweater looks warm too, but what really keeps me cozy is the picture itself. Taken during Canadian Thanksgiving, it reminded me in all the best possible ways of my favouritest of favourite holidays.

Any favourites among these? Or what were your favourite colours/looks this fall?

48 comments:

Molly Page said...

Love finding new blogs. Thanks for pointing me toward Waking Life. I can't wait to check it out.

Also the last pic/ensemble from Hannah and Landon is possibly my favorite.
Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayy I love all these!! Such stylish girls :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

callie said...

Love these! Especially the Waking Life one. SO cute!

Diana said...

i am checking out all of these ladies next! thank you so much for sharing i love all of these looks :)

http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Shanna Maren said...

Great photos! I love the first one especially :)

Anonymous said...

Great selection and a couple of these blogs I hadn't even come across yet! I am going to check these out right now :)

I love the yellows red and oatmeals although strangely I have gone off on a pastel trip just recently.. maybe I am trying to blend in with the fog?

SG said...

That is a nice looking pick up van.

Anonymous said...

ooh, I like the oatmeal & braids.

I've been searching for a pair of red jeans, but by the time I find the ones that fit the way I want, the trend is likely to be over.

Amrit said...

I love Autumn pictures. Great pictures. :)

Margaret said...

i need to crack onto this mustard yellow! i love it. xx

Jess said...

Totally agree - loving colored denim right now!


~jess
http://cheapbutchicclothes.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

absolutely love the colored denim looks! they look so fresh and simple!

Laura said...

Thanks for the round up- always great to find new inspiration!

www.adventuresindressingmyself.blogspot.com

Paulie Antiques said...

these are all VERY stylish girls! As are you! :D

Megan said...

I love the outfit with the red jeans.

http://fashiontriedandtrue.blogspot.com/

ching said...

weee.. i'm enjoying these photos. thanks for sharing their links.

Michal Kurtis said...

Aww these are all so cute! Great photos:)
rawhem.com

Ashley said...

The last bloggers have great photos of themselves! Wow, I am blown away from the art of it all!

I'm too lazy to be stylish. haha.

Hanna C. said...

love every girl + putfit!! but the girl in the first picture is my favorite :D

xxxHanna

Imogen said...

I love this idea for a post because there are so many fantastic outfits here. I adore Emily from Resplendent Tranquility. She is so sweet and a very beautiful person.

Anonymous said...

i love this post. it's great finding new blogs every now and then :)

fivetwocharm.blogspot.com

... said...

GIRL. Thanks for the inclusion ;) Now let me see a photo of you wearing that blouse! AND I wore a pair of red skinnies today and totally thought of you!

xx
MILK TEETHS

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

awh these are so lovely x hivennn.

Fleur-de-Lis said...

Great post! I really liked how you made a post with your favorite inpirations in blogland :) I loved so many details in every outfit!
My color favorites are always the same thing more or less...(shame on me - I'm really boring about that) black, grey, etc etc**

g said...

very cute post! love the autumn/winterish colors and themes you've picked! happy holiday season & hi from 5amjetaime.com, gabbie c

k said...

oh my gosh, i loved seeing all of these! what a fun roundup. i think milk teeths is my fave pic :) i love her shop

I V Y said...

wow these are so cute, i love the coloured denim!

Tanvi said...

Colored denims, Cozy coats, pops of yellow - sounds like my kind of party ... and I am obsessed with autumn and all the bloggers showcasing it beautifully from all parts of the world! :) Love it.

Emilie said...

oooh amazing post!!! There are so many great trends in here :)

xxxx

lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

the ineffable soul said...

i love this post! some of the outfits you've selected are gorgeous - i especially love carries yellow coat too :) x

caitlin said...

aw, thanks for including me!! you're awesome. i have a yellow coat quite like carrie's but I got it three years ago at nordstrom and it is looking a little worse for wear. you know i love yellow :)

Unknown said...

You've picked some girsl with amazing autumnal style! I love all the earthy tones and beautiful yellows.

Anthea said...

Love your picks. I am such a huge Bird's Closet fan that it's not even funny!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Aw, thanks for including me in your autumn inspiration round up :) I wore that chickadee dress yesterday. Gosh, I loooove it. That's a bummer you weren't able to find it. They put out a blouse version, too. The print is a wee bit smaller, but just as sweet.

Red and yellow are such perfect autumn colors. I like all these photos very much! I'll definitely be doing some new blog visiting as a result of this post.

eagle-eye-cherry said...

I think we have the same preferences, I like all the pictures you chose with their colours and outfits.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@ Emily: I might go back and see if any hit the sales racks! I didn't fancy the blouse so much... I'm such a dress girl!

Zarna said...

i love all the looks, but im especially digging the mustard pants - i've really been wanting a pair myself!

Alison Kinsey said...

all of the mustard yellow looks are great!! that color happens to look terrible on me, but it's perfect when i can incorporate it into an accessory or pair of shoes.

Heather Fonseca said...

Those are some very cute looks that you've rounded up. I think my favorites are the last two photos. I love the yellow jacket paired with the brown polka dot dress - those aren't colors I would usually put together but they looked wonderful that way. I would wear the outfit next to her in a heartbeat. I too am often really inspired by my fellow bloggers, and we all appreciate the recognition, which is why I wanted to say "thank you" for stopping by my blog and leaving a message!

Love,
Heather
http://heatherfonseca.com/
http://heathersdesignblog.com/

Raquel said...

agreed! red and yellow are two of the best autumn colours, together with dark green I may add :)

my favourite from these: Carrie, Emily and Orchid Grey!

NRIGirl said...

The polka dot is my best pick - of course I will take that yellow coat too...

Bhushavali said...

Colorful outfits!!!
So nice of you to introduce other bloggers in your blog!!! :)
Office Outfit - 20
Trichy Temple Tour - Part 2

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

these pictures are so good. i had never heard of waking life, but wow that yellow dress!!! amazing. thanks :)

Niki said...

I love you blog! and you are so cute

the girl in the bowler hat said...

These outfits are all so lovely! Outfit posts are always so inspirational when you have those moments when you hate everything in your wardrobe!

:)

xxxx

Jenny Morris said...

oh I love yeye style blog (shes from montreal!) and hannah and landon (also canadian!) this was a great post and very original, dont worry. You are tops!

FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY
www.fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

Erin Cathleen said...

What a great blogger roundup! I enjoyed seeing all these various autumnal looks. Yay for Emily's sweet birdie dress! :)

Emma said...

Oh, some lovely looks here - thank you for introducing me to some of these lovely bloggers... I look forward to seeing more! x