Tuesday 16 August 2011

summer stories: guest post from virginie's cinema

As this posts, I am (hopefully, no more delays please) winging my way towards this guest poster's home and native land, which just happens to be my home and native land too. I found Virginie's Cinema last year and loved Virginie's style, musings on work as a film producer, and getting the odd chance to ogle her beautiful quebecois surroundings. I've never been to Quebec, but it's way high up on my list as a (hopefully summertime) destination. In addition to being a beautiful part of the world, a lot of the best of Canada's arts scene comes from this province. As a stylish blogger, Quebec native, and arts worker... who better than Virginie? You guys must watch her video!

Photobucket

Hello Ruby Slipper Journeys readers! My name is Virginie and I am a French Canadian girl currently living in Québec city where I work as a movie and video producer. I am so excited to have been invited by Emily to share peaks of my city with you! I always love travelling through Emily's blog and am glad to share a bit of Québec with you all!

Québec city is the cradle of the Canadian francophone population and one of the oldest cities in America. It is a small city by the Saint-Lawrence River and is surrounded by mountains. Which makes it a sought after area for outdoors and sports junkies, hikers, skiers and bikers alike (my favorite Québec city activity is snow shoeing!). It is also a highly cultural city with a vibrant community of young artists.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Québec city is a lot less fashionably inclined than it's sister city Montréal. Although there is a rise of intrest in personal style, here people are mostly natural and dress for the weather and the four distinct seasons (suffise to say it's cold and a half in the Winter!). I started Virginie's Cinema as a way to share my outfit creativity and have since found so much inspiration from blogs from all over the world. Even when I'm making movies and videos, I try to dress in a way that makes me feel happy and empowered.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A Ruby Slipper Journey in Québec city from Virginie Lavallée Bélanger on Vimeo.



A Ruby Slipper Journey in Québec city from Virginie Lavallée Bélanger on Vimeo.

Thank you so much Emily for having me! I look forward to seeing all of you again on my blog :)

Virginie ♥

Thanks again, Virginie, and be sure to pay her a visit, folks! I'll be back with some reader Summer Stories as soon as I land (seriously, Air Transat) and get over my jet lag!

And check out the other posts from the Summer Stories
Lion Heart Vintage
A Fine Day for Sailing
Milk Teeths

17 comments:

Natasha said...

that video is lovely :) I actually like everything about it, even the song, but especially the horses :)
p.s. those flat peep toes are a perfect choice!

caitlin said...

quebec is the only canadian province i HAVE been to (of course, montreal is about two hours away). my boyfriend and i decided to go to quebec city in the dead of winter a couple of years ago... boy, was that a mistake! i thought the snow was bad in vermont, but after a night shivering through the subzero streets we got trapped in a giant white-out blizzard and had to go home early... though i will say that old quebec is absolutely gorgeous (the closest thing on the eastern seaboard to europe) and i'd love to go back during the summertime!

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh how fun!! :D I am in love with your dress. :) I really need to get to Canada, especially since i'm only a couple hours away
(I'm French Canadian too! Well..half, haha)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Virginie seems like an adorable girl, love the video, makes me want to draw with chalks :P

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Unknown said...

oh so cute! the video is great! let me know when you get back from your travels :)

Shybiker said...

What an interesting travelogue. I've been to several places in Canada but never here. You make me want to visit!

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

Super cool video, Virginie! I love seeing Québec through your blog. My lucky husband got to visit Montréal and Québec City when he was a teenager. I'm hoping we can visit Canada together someday and stay with his family there. Also, I love your outfit in this post, especially how the scarf-as-belt looks with the dress!

Amber said...

I love that you made a video of your town. Its was really cute plus the music had my head bopping.

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

I will be paying virginie a visit! incredible video, the concept and hearts everywhere was so cute. loving her pink lips and lovely dress.

Veronika Novotny said...

What an awesome guest post, thanks so much for inviting Virginie on your blog -adore her & her gorgeous style. xo veronika

Monique said...

Wow she's amazing. Love these images of Quebec, her style and her video.

Midwest Muse said...

I love your hair!

Tori Lynn said...

Wow, I just came across your blog and needless to say I am obsessed. Definitely became a follower. You have amazing personal style, and I love that you have travelled so much. I am envious! Keep up the great posts!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

her pictures are really beautiful!! thanks for bringing her to your blog (and my attention) emily! hope all is well...check your email when you can!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing us to Virginie.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Thank you for this little trip to Quebec, Emily and Virginie! The video was fun and the photos gorgeous :)

successful home business ideas said...

Wow.. Your blog was amazing and very very likable... The girl is so beautiful and lovely.


great home business ideas